Drowning is Preventable.
Reducing the Risk
You can reduce the odds of a drowning tragedy happening to someone you know or love. Wherever there is water, there is a risk of drowning. Reducing this risk is the key to preventing a water related incident.
Drowning Prevention Requires Action. Follow the Safer 3
1. Safer Water
- Fences. Install proper barriers around all 4 sides of pools and spas. Block access to water.
- Alarms. In the event a barrier is breached, an alarm offers a second layer of protection.
- For more information about Fences and Alarms please CLICK HERE
2. Safer People
- Constant, responsible adult supervision. Train and designate a Water Watcher. To download your own Water Watcher tag, CLICK HERE
- Start swim lessons as early as 6 months old. For a list of local swim schools, CLICK HERE
- Safety rules in place and followed. To download your Safety Rules Poster, CLICK HERE
- For more information about Safety please CLICK HERE
3. Safer Response
- CPR – all caregivers should learn CPR as a prerequisite to babysitting. To download a Hands-Only CPR Poster, CLICK HERE
- Plan for an incident and practice
- Keep a phone near water at all times for emergencies only
- For more information about Safety Response please CLICK HERE
*Follow the Safer 3 is used with the permission of the Safer 3 Water Safety Foundation
Jasper Ray Foundation is a non-profit tax exempt 501(c)(3) public charity dedicated to raising awareness and prevention to drowning and child safety. Contributions are tax deductible under section 170 of the Code.